Written by Jack Heifner
Presented by Theatre Coppell
Directed by Wheelice Wilson, Jr.
This bittersweet comedy is a snapshot of the lives of three Texas girls. Joanne, Kathy, and Mary who are aggressively vivacious cheerleaders. Five years later in their college sorority house, they are confronting their futures with nervous jauntiness. As adults, they reunite briefly in New York. Time has changed their friendships, which once were as well coordinated as sweater sets. Old time banter rings false. Their attempts at honest conversation only show they can no longer afford to have very much in common.
Both days7-9 pm
157 S. Moore Road
Coppell, TX 75019
July through August 2017
Weeknights and Sunday afternoons
No Saturday rehearsals
August 18 – September 3, 2017
Fridays and Saturdays at 8 pm
Sundays at 2:30 pm
- No appointment or advance preparations needed. Attend either date.
- Readings will be from the script. Sides to be used in auditions are available in PDF and can be requested at email@example.com
3 women, ages early to late 20s
- Mary – a free-spirited girl who has a thirst for life and desires nothing more than to do as she pleases; attractive.
- Kathy – sort of the “leader of the pack;” bright and attractive, organized, determined; sets goals for herself.
- Joanne – sweet-natured who loves her friends; a bit more plain in appearance; sometimes doubts herself and her looks; wants to lead a simple life and stay friends with Kathy and Mary.