Written by John Cariani
Presented by Granbury Theatre Company
Director: Katy Beckermann
Stage Manager: Whitney Shearon
On a cold, clear, moonless night in the middle of winter, all is not quite what it seems in the remote, mythical town of Almost, Maine. As the northern lights hover in the star-filled sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in unexpected and often hilarious ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. But the bruises heal, and the hearts mend—almost—in this delightful midwinter night’s dream.
Both days from 6-9:30 pm
Granbury Opera House
133 E. Pearl St.
Granbury, TX 76048
December 2, 2017, from 11 am-1 pm (as needed)
December 11, 2017 – January 25, 2018
Monday-Thursday from 7-10 pm
Saturday from 9 am-1 pm
January 26-February 11, 2018
Fridays at 7:30 pm
Saturdays at 2 and 7:30 pm
Sundays at 2 pm
- Please come prepared with a headshot and resume.
- You must note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on the evening of your auditions.
- The audition will consist of a cold reading from the script.
- If unable to attend the general audition dates, video submissions will be accepted through November 28, 2017, at email@example.com.
4-16 actors, at least two males and two females, early 20s to mid 40s. Actors may be cast to play a single role in the show or to play multiple roles.
- Pete: Ginette’s boyfriend
- Ginette: Pete’s girlfriend, has something that she wants to say
- East: a repairman who encounters an unexpected guest
- Glory: a hiker with a broken heart
- Jimmy: a heater and cooling guy with hopes of rekindling a romance
- Sandrine: Jimmy’s ex-girlfriend with a new life of her own
- Marvalyn: a woman who is very good at protecting herself
- Steve: An open, kind man, who is usually protected by his brother
- Gayle and Lendall: longtime girlfriend and boyfriend
- Phil and Marcie: a working man and his hardworking wife
- Randy and Chad: two “country boys”
- Rhonda: a tough woman
- Dave: the not-so-tough man who loves Rhonda
- Comp tickets and/or other perks,