Written by Matthew Barber
Presented by MainStage Irving - Las Colinas
Directed by Rose Anne Holman
Lotty Wilton is suffering depression from the bleak London winter, and from an oppressive relationship with her solicitor husband. When she sees an advertisement in the paper to rent a castle in Italy for the month of April, an idyllic spot “for those who appreciate wisteria and sunshine,” she jumps at the chance to escape. Sensing an instant kinship with fellow housewife Rose Arnott, Lotty persuades her along on the adventure. Seeking to reduce the costs, the two ladies find Caroline Bramble, a socialite, and Mrs. Graves, a widow, to round out the party. As the month passes, verdant sun-drenched San Salvatore works its magic on each woman, healing grief and bringing hope. And with the arrival of two husbands and one young artist, romance blooms again.
222 E. Irving Blvd.
Irving, TX 75060
Beginning Mar. 28, 2022
Mondays through Thursdays from 7-10 pm
May 6-21, 2022
- Go to https://mainstageirving.com/auditions/ to sign up for an audition appointment.
- Bring a current headshot and resume.
- Cold readings from the script using the character breakdown below. Sides are available at the audition. Actors should be familiar with the script prior to auditioning.
- Lotty Wilton – 30 – a Hampstead housewife
- Mellerrsh Wilton – 35 – Lotty’s husband, a solicitor
- Rose Arnott – 35-40 – a Hampstead housewife
- Frederick Arnott – 45 – Rose’s husband, a writer
- Caroline Bramble – 25 – a socialite
- Antony Wilding – 25-30 – an artist
- Mrs. Graves – 60-70 – a London matron
- Costanza – 40-50 – an Italian housekeeper
- Gas allowance,
- Comp tickets and/or other perks