Book by Claudia Shear and Tim Federle
Music by Chris Miller
Lyrics by Nathan Tysen
Based on the novel “Tuck Everlasting” by Natalie Babbitt
Presented by Artisan Center Theater
Directed by Renee Norris
Eleven-year-old Winnie Foster yearns for a life of adventure beyond her white picket fence, but not until she becomes unexpectedly entwined with the Tuck Family does she get more than she could have imagined. When Winnie learns of the magic behind the Tuck’s unending youth, she must fight to protect their secret from those who would do anything for a chance at eternal life. As her adventure unfolds, Winnie faces an extraordinary choice: return to her life, or continue with the Tucks on their infinite journey.
Artisan Center Theater
444 E. Pipeline Road
Hurst, TX 76053
Beginning July 18, 2022
Sep. 2 – Oct. 1, 2022
- Please prepare 32 bars of a song in the style of the show that best displays your vocal ability. An accompanist will be provided, so please bring sheet music with marked measures, or music can be played from a performer’s electronic device.
- Actors will be doing readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website.
- Children under 12 should attend the Children’s Group Audition on Wednesday, July 13, 2022, from 6–7 pm, unless auditioning for the role of Winnie Foster. Children’s auditions will consist of singing from the score and learning a dance combo. There will be no cold readings or prepared audition songs. If you know any carnival tricks or acrobatics, we encourage you to demonstrate them. If you play a musical instrument, please bring it and be prepared to play a few bars.
- Please see the registration link for the conflict calendar. It is critical that you let Artisan Center Theater know all of your conflicts when you register to audition. Artisan Center Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
- Winnie Foster – 11 years old (can be cast older), mezzo/soprano
- Jesse Tuck – 17 years old, the youngest of the Tuck family, tenor
- Miles Tuck – Jesse’s older brother, tenor/baritone
- Mae Tuck – Jesse’s mother, mezzo
- Angus Tuck – Jesse’s father, tenor
- Man in The Yellow Suit – a nefarious leader of a traveling carnival, in search of the fountain of youth, tenor/alto
- Constable Joe – head of the police force in Treegap, tenor
- Hugo – Constable Joe’s sidekick and son, tenor/alto
- Mother – Winnie’s mother, mezzo
- Nana – Winnie’s grandmother, alto
- Thomas – a young boy age 5-10, to play the son of Miles and double as the son of Winnie, included in ensemble singing.
- Ensemble – traveling carnival performers and musicians as well as voice/townsfolk/memory players. 8-10 performers of all ages.